I’m a wife and mom to three beautiful children, and work at two jobs for which I am very grateful — part-time at my kids’ school, and as children’s ministry director at Redeemer PCA in Athens, GA, a place our family treasures as our church home. It’s been thirty years since the Lord saved me, and to this day I’m astounded at His steadfast love shed upon unfaithful me. My hope would be that I might write in ways God would use to soften hearts toward Him, that together we would be enamored by the glorious beauty of Jesus and awakened to His love unimagined.
I’d love to hear from you. Your comments on the blog are valuable! You can also contact me concerning a post, or regarding speaking at a women’s retreat at email@example.com.
And if you’re new to this site, here are some of the most-viewed posts you might want to read:
- unexpected tragedy and prayer through it, When cancer is called cured, Better than a thousand substitutes,
- A thorn to pin aside the veil, Lean hard, Kiss the wave, These inward trials
- What do I want for my child?, A mother’s wings, the tearing of a mother’s heart
- Still the same inside, REDEEMED RANSOMED ADOPTED, Worth a thousand words
- The blessing of not knowing what the new year (or tomorrow) brings
- Why is water so shiny?, She has no idea, All the paths, Even more beautiful.
When I write, I always pray that God will give readers ears to hear and eyes to see Jesus as even more beautiful than any of the world’s false substitutes. Thus, Thomas Chalmer’s (1780-1874) quote at the top of the site:
“The only way to break the hold of a beautiful object on the soul is to show it an object even more beautiful.”
Thank you for reading. I’m delighted you’ve come to visit. I hope you’ll come back often!
“Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?”