Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: Christian hope
Dearest one, He will do it. He will finish what He began. He redeemed you, and saved you. He called you. He holds you evermore. I am confident, not because of you, but because of Him. He will complete the good work … Continue reading
“Cynicism begins with a wry assurance that everyone has an angle. Behind every silver lining is a cloud. The cynic is always observing, critiquing, but never engaging, loving, and hoping…Cynicism creates a numbness toward life… The movement from naive optimism … Continue reading
“Abide with us: For it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.” Luke 24:29 The story goes that as Henry Francis Lyte sat by his dying friend’s bedside, his friend, with his last breaths, kept repeating the imploring … Continue reading
This past week many of us mourned the death, even as we celebrated the life, of Elisabeth Elliot. And now, in my city, friends I know are grieving the sudden death of a dear friend and co-worker. As I’ve mourned these … Continue reading