Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Christ’s death
“At the birth of the Son of God, there was brightness at midnight; at the death of the Son of God there was darkness at noon.” Brightness at midnight “And in the same region there were shepherds out in the … Continue reading
“God does not love us because Christ died for us; Christ died for us because God loves us.” (John Stott, The Cross of Christ) ____________________________
How deep the Father’s love for us, How vast beyond all measure, That He should give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure. How great the pain of searing loss – The Father turns His face away, As … Continue reading