Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: despair
“Christianity does not provide the reason for each experience of pain, but it does provide deep resources for actually facing suffering with hope and courage rather than bitterness and despair.” (Tim Keller) Remember His words to you, dear Christian. Words … Continue reading
I watched the three of them. One with porcelain beauty, shy, reserved, made nervous by my boisterous veneer and hard-partying reputation. One a song-bird, singing and humming her way through Christian tunes I didn’t quite recognize. I remember thinking she seemed to … Continue reading
Some years ago a friend moved to our town and brought with her a phrase I’d not heard before — she talked about “speaking the gospel” to herself. The phrase carried depth of meaning for her. For me, not having … Continue reading
It’s that time of year in my town. Co-eds choose the same dream I chased in the 80s. Of course, not all go as I did — some do go to see and savor and thank God for His amazing … Continue reading