Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: God’s love
On days when you waken and can’t shake a sense of despondency; when you’re disheartened, or sad, or crestfallen — throw yourself into His arms: “We please God most, not by frantically trying to make ourselves good, but by throwing … Continue reading
“…grace means God’s love in action towards men who merited the opposite of love. Grace means God moving heaven and earth to save sinners who could not lift a finger to save themselves…drawing us sinners closer and closer to Himself…Grace … Continue reading
“God does not love us because Christ died for us; Christ died for us because God loves us.” (John Stott, The Cross of Christ) ____________________________
God: Magnificent. Glorious. Other. God Triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit — in everlasting, loving relationship with one another. God; perfect, complete. Yet. He chooses to love fallen humans. He seeks humans bent on rejecting Him. Humans like you. Like … Continue reading
I keep thinking about my son. He’s nearing the age of some of the youngest terrorists making headlines in our world today. I think of the parents of those terrorists. Some of them are asking their child to strap a … Continue reading
When the kids where little, and boredom on car rides was at an all-time high, we’d play the yellow-car game. We’d see how many yellow cars we could spot as we drove. One summer, not traveling anywhere special, and not … Continue reading
“Not a drop of rain can fall outside the orb of Jesus’ sovereignty. All our days — our health, our illnesses, our joys, our victories, our tears, our prayers, and the answers to our prayers — fall within the sweep … Continue reading
When God says no, and you’re tempted toward anger or despair, remember these words: God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God’s refusals are always merciful — “severe mercies” at times but mercies … Continue reading