Recent Top Posts
- no pit so deep
- God’s love rubbed into your grief
- Unforeseen? Or part of a pattern?
- He is beautiful
- the dazzling display of sovereignty in creation (meant as a primer)
- when obedience results in hardship
- skilled at seeing other’s weaknesses
- Jesus, cast a look on me
- love with no parting
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
Tag Archives: grief
“The love and hope of God…has to be rubbed into our grief, the way you have to rub salt into meat in warm climates…Your grief is going to make you bleaker and weaker or it could make you far more … Continue reading
“One of the deepest desires of the human heart is for love without parting. Needless to say, the prospect of the resurrection is far more comforting than the beliefs that death takes you into nothingness or into an impersonal spiritual … Continue reading
“Look at the starry sky—Jesus strewed it with its jewelry… Look at that enchanting landscape—Jesus enamelled it with its loveliness… Look at that cloud-capped mountain—Jesus reared it… Look at that beauteous lily—Jesus painted it… Look at that soaring bird—Jesus feeds … Continue reading