Recent Top Posts
- teaching children generosity at Christmas
- when my arrogance is worse
- show them a light so lovely
- a thankful heart is a happy heart
- ceasing to be great in our own eyes
- divine love would have put you there
- Are you under a cloud?
- the way down is the way up
- Look for the great surprises!
- no color in this world
- broken, or made strong, as it pleases Him
- when cancer comes again
- a septillion stars
- Why does change in my child (for good) happen so slowly?
- He changes times and seasons
Tag Archives: humility
When I feel my heart harden, with huffish thoughts toward someone swirling round and round, I desperately need God’s Spirit to bring me up short. When I’m caring more for my own agenda, irritated at what I perceive as arrogance … Continue reading
“…true humility in our church relationships will show itself in our being willing to undertake the very lowest offices for Christ…Genuine humility makes a man think it a great honor to be a doorkeeper in the house of God, or … Continue reading
Jesus, cast a look on me; Give me sweet simplicity; Make me poor, and keep me low, Seeking only Thee to know. All that feeds my busy pride, Cast it evermore aside; Bid my will to Thine submit, Lay me … Continue reading
“Christian humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less… It is to be no longer always noticing yourself and how you are doing and how you are being treated… Humility is a byproduct of belief … Continue reading