Recent Top Posts
- divine love would have put you there
- Are you under a cloud?
- the way down is the way up
- Look for the great surprises!
- no color in this world
- broken, or made strong, as it pleases Him
- when cancer comes again
- a septillion stars
- Why does change in my child (for good) happen so slowly?
- He changes times and seasons
- she stands in a corner
- When right, but treated like you’re wrong
- the deeper mystery
- teaching children grace, not morals
- across the world, spread by ordinary people
Tag Archives: purpose of trials
“How would the great work of sanctification go on in a man if he had no trial? Trouble is often the only fire which will burn away the dross that clings to our hearts. Trouble is the pruning-knife which the … Continue reading
My life is but a weaving Between my God and me. I cannot choose the colors He weaveth steadily. Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow; And I in foolish pride Forget He sees the upper And I the underside. Not ’til … Continue reading
In those early days, when our family was still reeling from our entry into the unknown world of childhood cancer (you can read more about those days here), my recurring prayer was that God would not allow us to dishonor … Continue reading
Why these inward trials, Lord? Why not instantly subdue my sin with the mighty wave of Your hand? Why not deal softly with my treasured designs for a safe and secure life? Why not allow your child even a bit … Continue reading