Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: raising children
How do I help my children choose a career? As they move toward finishing high school, how do I guide them toward a college major, a career, or an employer? How do I counsel wisely at such critical moments? And how, … Continue reading
They moved out last week. To their own homes for the year. Two daughters, both cherished. Both pretty much grown up. Within twenty-four hours, our nest became two-thirds empty, and I’ve been swallowing back tears ever since. As the days … Continue reading
I packed her last lunch this morning. And even though women older and wiser had warned of the ache this day would bring, I didn’t expect the tearing to hurt so. I didn’t expect the rushing mix of painful and … Continue reading
We sat at her kitchen table, morning sunlight streaming in from the backyard, children creating Play-doh meals at the little table nearby. She and her husband were leaders in our church, and I remember sitting on the edge of my … Continue reading