Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: raising children
How do I help my children choose a career? As they move toward finishing high school, how do I guide them toward a college major, a career, or an employer? How do I counsel wisely at such critical moments? And how, … Continue reading
They moved out last week. Each to their own home for the year. Two daughters. Both cherished. Both pretty much grown up. Within twenty-four hours, our nest became two-thirds empty, and I’ve been swallowing back tears ever since. As the … Continue reading
I packed her last lunch this morning. And even though women older and wiser had warned of the ache this day would bring, I didn’t expect the tearing to hurt so. I didn’t expect the rushing mix of painful and … Continue reading
We sat at her kitchen table, morning sunlight streaming in through the windows, children creating Play-doh meals at the little table nearby. She and her husband were leaders in our church, and I remember sitting on the edge of my … Continue reading