Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: teaching children
I had to apologize to my son recently. We were on our way to church one Sunday, and he said, “I think I know all the Bible stories now.” “Really?” I said. “All of them?” “Just about,” he replied. “And I know … Continue reading
I love teaching children at my church. I love their bubbly answers and their eager, serious faces. I love that when we talk about Jesus and His love for them, they — even the wiggliest ones — suddenly sit still … Continue reading
We were slow. It took us until about Day 5 before we fully realized what was happening. Then, we started trying to catch them in the act. Twelve full days passed and we never once caught any of them. They … Continue reading