Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: temptation
“Look at the starry sky—Jesus strewed it with its jewelry… Look at that enchanting landscape—Jesus enamelled it with its loveliness… Look at that cloud-capped mountain—Jesus reared it… Look at that beauteous lily—Jesus painted it… Look at that soaring bird—Jesus feeds … Continue reading
Do you ever think of temptation as a nebulous concept? “I’m fighting temptation,” you might say. But…temptation to what? To sin in a particular way? Yes, certainly. But, each time you and I face a particular fight against a particular … Continue reading
“The joy of the Lord will arm us against the assaults of our spiritual enemies and put our mouths out of taste for those pleasures with which the tempter baits his hooks.” (Matthew Henry, 1662-1714) The tempter prowls about seeking whom … Continue reading