Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: the cross of Christ
“…we cannot escape the embarrassment of standing stark naked before God. It is of no use for us to try and cover up like Adam and Eve in the garden. Our attempts at self-justification are as ineffectual as their fig leaves. We … Continue reading
Were you there when they crucified my Lord? Oh, sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble. Were you there when they crucified my Lord? “‘Were you there when they crucified my Lord?’ the old spiritual asks. And we must … Continue reading
“At the birth of the Son of God, there was brightness at midnight; at the death of the Son of God there was darkness at noon.” Brightness at midnight “And in the same region there were shepherds out in the … Continue reading
“God does not love us because Christ died for us; Christ died for us because God loves us.” (John Stott, The Cross of Christ) ____________________________
“Envy! Envy is the reverse side of a coin called vanity. Nobody is ever envious of others who is not first proud of himself.” (The Cross of Christ, John R.W. Stott) What seems basic to John Stott takes me a while … Continue reading
How deep the Father’s love for us, How vast beyond all measure, That He should give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure. How great the pain of searing loss – The Father turns His face away, As … Continue reading