Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: the gospel
Before the throne of God above I have a strong and perfect plea. A great High Priest whose name is Love, who ever lives and pleads for me. My name is graven on His hands. My name is written on His … Continue reading
Some years ago a friend moved to our town and brought with her a phrase I’d not heard before — she talked about “speaking the gospel” to herself. The phrase carried depth of meaning for her. For me, not having … Continue reading
Take a moment. Picture yourself as the central figure in a frightening scene. In this bleak setting, you find yourself huddled in a dark room. The stone of a cold wall cuts into your back, and sounds of moaning reach … Continue reading
Because there weren’t many movies kid-friendly enough for our young children’s eyes to see (and because I’d always loved it myself), our family used to watch The Sound of Music at least once a year — and each time the … Continue reading