Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
- A royal diadem in the hand of God?
- a royal diadem in the hand of your God
- every chapter better than the one before
- unexpected tragedy and prayer through it
- suffering is never for nothing
- love with no parting
- when a train goes through a tunnel
- What to do when my heart grows cold
- Hast thou no scar?
Tag Archives: wisdom
“All is shadow here below! The world is a shadow; and it passes away! The creature is a shadow; and the loveliest and the fondest may be the first to die! Health is a shadow; fading, and in a moment … Continue reading
There’s an uncomfortable situation you’ll have to face when you desire to be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom. 12:1-2). When pathways of spiritual change begin to be cut into your being because you’re more and more seeing … Continue reading
God is light. He is spiritual perfection, moral excellence, utter transcendence. And because He is, there is light. Light for you to see by. Both in your physical and in your spiritual realm. Because He is, there is also light … Continue reading
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26 The teaching of kindness can happen as much by what a woman doesn’t say as by what she does. For a woman who … Continue reading
When he established the heavens, I was there; when he drew a circle on the face of the deep, when he made firm the skies above, when he established the fountains of the deep, when he assigned to the sea … Continue reading
So how do I fight the deadly forms of unwholesome talk that proceed from my mouth? First, I remember that the talk that proceeds from my mouth flows out from what’s hidden inside. Whether I talk in ways that build … Continue reading