Recent Top Posts
- teaching children generosity at Christmas
- when my arrogance is worse
- show them a light so lovely
- a thankful heart is a happy heart
- ceasing to be great in our own eyes
- divine love would have put you there
- Are you under a cloud?
- the way down is the way up
- Look for the great surprises!
- no color in this world
- broken, or made strong, as it pleases Him
- when cancer comes again
- a septillion stars
- Why does change in my child (for good) happen so slowly?
- He changes times and seasons
Tag Archives: pride
Jesus, cast a look on me; Give me sweet simplicity; Make me poor, and keep me low, Seeking only Thee to know. All that feeds my busy pride, Cast it evermore aside; Bid my will to Thine submit, Lay me … Continue reading
“Envy! Envy is the reverse side of a coin called vanity. Nobody is ever envious of others who is not first proud of himself.” (The Cross of Christ, John R.W. Stott) What seems basic to John Stott takes me a while … Continue reading
My life is but a weaving Between my God and me. I cannot choose the colors He weaveth steadily. Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow; And I in foolish pride Forget He sees the upper And I the underside. Not ’til … Continue reading
Comparison: 1. to look at (two or more things) closely in order to see what is similar or different about them or in order to decide which one is better. 2. to seem better or worse, good or bad, when measured against something … Continue reading
The process hurts. When pride is disciplined, the sting bites. But it’s good to be brought down. It’s good when our self-serving — even if carefully-crafted and vigilantly-guarded — self-elevating-image shatters. For in the shattering, we’re freed to return to … Continue reading