Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: C.S. Lewis
“Christian humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less… It is to be no longer always noticing yourself and how you are doing and how you are being treated… Humility is a byproduct of belief … Continue reading
“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you … Continue reading
Years ago, my older and wiser friend used to say, “Don’t be irritated when your plans are interrupted. Even when you’re running late, and stopped by every red light, see interruptions to your schedule as God’s good providence, possibly protecting … Continue reading
We sat over coffee. Me thrilled for her. And she thrilled for herself. She, who’s nearing what our culture would call the “retirement years,” who’s almost to the age when she and her husband could relax, play golf, and live … Continue reading
Mounded grey clouds blew in, and flurries of snow fell and dusted this scene soon after I took this photo. The horses nibbled through early morning layers of cold, and as I watched the flakes swirl toward the ground, … Continue reading
We are, not metaphorically but in very truth, a Divine work of art, something that God is making, and therefore something with which He will not be satisfied until it has a certain character. Here again we come up … Continue reading
A year filled with joy or a year filled with trial. A year of jubilant celebration or mournful sighing. Or a year of the mixture of both. Whatever the days of 2015 hold for each us, one surety stands: God … Continue reading
Summer smells and sounds, summer colors and places and memories. Which, if you imagine your happiest summer moment, come to mind? Do you dream of a cool haven tucked away in the deep green of a wooded wonderland? Do … Continue reading