Recent Top Posts
- pursuing happiness and the worst thing that can ever happen
- asking in Jesus’ name
- Do you want to know who you are?
- Are there really any certainties?
- Are you eagerly waiting?
- When you start to harbor bitterness
- How do I help my child choose a career?
- freed from always noticing yourself
- suffering with hope and courage, not bitterness and despair
- Does your faith feel really comfortable?
- the embarrassment that matters
- strength for weary pilgrims
- not exceeding our capacity to receive it
- throwing ourselves into His arms
- spiritual pathways and the call to submission
Tag Archives: Lewis
“If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” Your all is called for. We each give our all to something. Don’t settle for a life filled with comfortable, self-stroking somethings — the … Continue reading
“The Son of God became man so that men might become sons of God.” Christ, by highest Heav’n adored; Christ the everlasting Lord; Late in time, behold Him come, Offspring of a virgin’s womb. Veiled in flesh the Godhead see; … Continue reading
Do you ever think of temptation as a nebulous concept? “I’m fighting temptation,” you might say. But…temptation to what? To sin in a particular way? Yes, certainly. But, each time you and I face a particular fight against a particular … Continue reading
And soon they found themselves all walking together — and a great, bright procession it was — up toward mountains higher than you could see in this world even if they were there to be seen. But there was no … Continue reading
What if you resolve to daily search out at least one beautiful or amazing thing this new year? Small things, or once-in-a-lifetime things, or beautiful moments recognized in the middle of the mundane — all mixed up together, there for … Continue reading
If I’m a magnificently created yet small creature (which I am, and you are, too) and my magnificent Creator wants me to communicate with Him (which He does, and that very fact should stupefy us), then I should sit up … Continue reading
“The doctrine of the Second Coming teaches us that we do not and cannot know when the world drama will end. The curtain may be rung down at any moment: say, before you have finished reading this paragraph. This seems to … Continue reading
The mold in which a key is made would be a strange thing, if you had never seen a key: and the key itself a strange thing if you had never seen a lock. Your soul has a curious shape … Continue reading