Recent Top Posts
- for now, over coffee
- church isn’t a class you go to
- the places doors take us
- though I oft left Thee
- I love teaching children
- Buckets that leak
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Are you walking at a distance from God?
- no matter when or where you’ve lived
- Why do we respond to beauty like we do?
- self-hate, or what God says about you
- if you haven’t read it…
- Depression: an embarrassment to be hidden, or a door for grace to enter through?
- when I need an attitude check
- Were you hired at the eleventh hour?
Top Posts & Pages
- A royal diadem in the hand of God?
- humbled gratitude
- Talking to myself vs. talking to God
- He could not save himself
- What to do when my heart grows cold
- Mysteries in the snow
- A thorn to pin aside the veil
- peering anxiously into future fog
- unexpected tragedy and prayer through it
- twisted and stuck, or held and comforted?
Tag Archives: Jesus’ return
“As my health returned, I was able to use my eyes longer. I had been sustaining myself from my Scriptures a verse at a time; now like a starving man I gulped entire Gospels at a reading, seeing whole the … Continue reading
And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was … Continue reading
We often sit toward the front at church. It’s a rather large church, and when we sing certain songs, the voices of the hundreds singing behind me … well, I’m unable to describe how happy the beautiful sound of the … Continue reading
When do factors in this life make you feel unsafe? Which injustices make you angry? What experiences cause you to yearn for a world where hurt is no longer tolerated, where danger has no place, and where evil no longer … Continue reading
I wonder why God thought of white. White sand, so blinding in midday heat that it shimmers as diamonds against a turquoise sea. White swans, glowing, lucent, almost incandescent in winter moonlight, gliding effortlessly over pools of liquid navy. Or … Continue reading
For I know that my redeemer lives, and in the end He will stand upon the earth. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will … Continue reading